Friday, June 1, 2012

Aloha!!! Traveling with Kiddos!



Hey!
Happy Friday!!! It's June 1st. Which on our calendar is a pretty big deal, because that means that tomorrow is June 2nd, we leave for Maui on June 2nd!!!!!

Words can't express how excited we are! It's going to be such a blast!! We will be joining my Aunt and Uncle, who are already there!

We leave tomorrow at about 9:30 A.M {central time}. and arrive in Maui at 3:20 {which will be 8:20 P.M. Central time}. Should be a great trip, and fabulous experience and many wonderful memories are going to be made. Our flight from Denver to Maui will be about 7 1/2 hours {please pray the kiddos can stay occupied for that length of time}.

We are packed, and things are ready to go, I just need to get our house in order, because after being gone for 10 days, I would LOVE to come home to a somewhat clean and picked up home. Since I've been packing, it will not be perfect, but I will do what I can.

The kids each have their small carry on luggage pieces, that fit all of their clothing, swimsuits and shoes.
They will also be carrying a backpack with activities and snacks inside.
We have only 1 connection going, but coming we have 2 connections to make.

Traveling with a 6 year old and almost 5 year old terrifies me a bit, so I got to thinking. They are both at a good age and both great kids, so I don't think they will wander off, or anything like that. But I wanted to be safe, because those things do happen!!

If I could only get our phone number on the kids somehow. I can't write on them with a marker..
so....

Light bulb!!!

A Necklace!!!

Off to Hobby Lobby I went. I know that I have everything to make the necklaces in my craft stuff,  but since my craft room is completely packed, I had to go purchase.

Not much tho, I needed:

2 necklaces,
Bottle cap pennants,
 Epoxy stickers



I used a piece of cardstock and printed our information onto it, we chose just
"My Parents" and phone number, you could do parents names with phone number, or whatever you choose!

I got out my 1 inch punch {thank goodness this was still unpacked}



Lined up what I wanted cut out.


And I had the center of the necklace!


Again, I'm using the window insulating tape!!!
I just love this stuff, it works great for everything!!



I put a small piece on the back of the card stock and stuck it inside the bottle cap.
Topped it off with an epoxy sticker 

Last step was to hang the bottle cap onto the necklace and that's it!!!
I had debated on some fun paper, but since we are leaving soon, and this gets the point across that's what was important to me!


Now I have the security of the kiddos having our phone number with them, it will get tucked inside their shirt, and we've explained to them, if something happens to them, find someone that words at the airport, usually dressed in a uniform or behind a desk, and show them your necklace.






 

I will be popping in here and there next week to show you some fun pics from Maui, and make sure to check out Facebook, where I will add pictures from Instagram!!

So, bring on the sun, the sand, the family time...throw in a Luau, a vow renewal {yes you read that right} and it should make for one amazing memorable vacation!!!

Have a great weekend friends!




3 comments:

  1. Love this, Ursie! I definitely need to do this for our Disney trip this fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!

    I’d love it if you shared this with the Fun Family Crafts audience.
    FFC is similar to Craftgawker but it only features kid friendly tutorials.

    Looking forward to seeing what fun crafts you submit!
    http://funfamilycrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What size is the font you used to print out the name/number on the cardstock?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!! I love every single one!